About the PLC
This year TRUSD is providing an in depth professional development experience for 80 teachers from all over the district. The sessions are collaboratively planned by the EdTech department, Teacher Leaders, the Library Media Teachers, and the Metiri Group. Participants were self-selected.
It is our department's hope that over time this in-depth work will continue to expand.
To provide a hands-on, relevant professional learning opportunity for Twin Rivers teachers that will build their knowledge about 21st Century Learning and their competency in creating 21st Century learning environments in their classrooms and being creative in their classrooms.
- Immerse teachers in 21st Century learning activities
- Establish a definition and common language for all elements of 21st Century Learning
- Provide opportunities for teachers to learn how to use technologies for the purpose of 21st Century Learning
- Advance teachers’ understanding of what it looks like in the classroom
- Provide opportunities for teachers to create lessons that integrate, build, and assess 21st Century Skills
- Facilitate teachers’ development of authentic lessons